Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 23 of 23

Thread: How to reduce hum?

  1. #21
    Inactive Member Bill F777's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2007
    Posts
    25
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Go to Radio Shack, you can purchase one of their hum eliminators, for around $15.00 all it is is a RCA patch cord with an isolation transformer in it, it works like a direct box. I have two sound systems in my house that are conected together and I need to electrically isolate them, or I get a ground loop and it will cause hum. Give it a try.

  2. #22
    Inactive Member timp's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2007
    Posts
    214
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks Bill

    I will give that a try.

    Tim

  3. #23
    Inactive Member timp's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2007
    Posts
    214
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hello everyone

    I finally realized why the hum was so bad. My kit was poorly designed, too much gain, and so lots of hums in the 100hz. Annoying noise that sits there.

    Solution is to building the preamp ground up. So the next week or so, i am going to build a phono and line stage that will match my 414s. Please recommend good sounding line stage tubes. Right now, 6dj8 and 6sn7 are among the top choises.

    Thanks.

    tim

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.